Publications and selected working papers
- Bloom, David, E., Khoury, Alexander, Kufenko, Vadim and Prettner, Klaus, 2021. Spurring Economic Growth through Human Development: Research Results and Guidance for Policymakers (IZA Workng Paper). Population and Development Review, accepted for publication, in print.
- Kufenko, Vadim and Geloso, Vincent, 2021. Who are the champions? Inequality, economic freedom and the Olympics. Journal of Institutional Economics, accepted for publication, in print. Online-Appendix.
- Kufenko, Vadim, Prettner, Klaus and Geloso, Vincent, 2020. Divergence, convergence, and the history-augmented Solow model. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Volume 53, pp. 62-76.
- Kufenko, Vadim, 2020. Hide-and-Seek with time-series filters: A model-based Monte Carlo study. Empirical Economics, Volume 59, pp. 2335–2361.
- Geloso, Vincent and Kufenko, Vadim, 2019. Can Markets Foster Rebellion? The case of the 1837-38 rebellion in Lower Canada. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. Volume 166, pp. 263-287.
- Kufenko, Vadim, Geloso, Vincent and Prettner, Klaus, 2018. Does size matter? Implications of household size for economic growth and convergence. Scottish Journal of Political Economy. Volume 65, Issue 4, pp. 437-443.
- Vladan Ivanovic, Vadim Kufenko, Boris Begovic, Nenad Stanisic and Vincent Geloso. 2018. Continuity under a different name: The outcome of privatisation in Serbia. New Political Economy. Volume 24, Issue 2, pp. 159--180.
- Kufenko, Vadim and Geiger, Niels, 2017. Stylized Facts of the Business Cycle: Universal Phenomenon, or Institutionally Determined? Journal of Business Cycle Research, Volume 13, Issue 2, pp. 165-187.
- Geloso, Vincent, and Kufenko, Vadim, 2017. The Demand for ‘Guard Labour’: Another Explanation. Economic Affairs, Volume 37, pp. 373-381.
- Geloso, Vincent, Hinton, Michael and Kufenko, Vadim, 2017. The Equally “Bad” French and English Farmers of Quebec: New TFP Measures from the 1831 Census. Historical Methods: A Journal of Quantitative and Interdisciplinary History. Volume 50, Issue 3, pp. 170-189.
- Arsenault Morin, Alex, Geloso, Vincent and Kufenko, Vadim, 2017. The Heights of French-Canadian Convicts, 1780s to 1820s. Economics and Human Biology. Volume 26, pp. 126-136.
- Raskov, Danila and Kufenko, Vadim, 2017. Religious Minority in Business History: the case of Old Believers. Business History. Volume 59, Issue 6, pp. 951-974.
- Hagemann, Harald, Kufenko, Vadim and Raskov, Danila, 2016. Game theory modelling for the Cold War on both sides of the Iron Curtain. History of Human Sciences. Volume 29, Issue 4-5, pp. 100-124.
- Geloso, Vincent, Kufenko, Vadim and Prettner, Klaus, 2016. Demographic change and regional convergence in Canada. Economics Bulletin, Volume 36, 1904-1910.
- Kufenko, Vadim and Geiger, Niels, 2016. Business cycles in the economy and in economics: an econometric analysis. Scientometrics. Volume 107, Issue 1, pp. 43-69.
- Hagemann, Harald and Kufenko, Vadim, 2016. Economic, Structural and Socio-psychological Determinants of Protests in Russia during 2011-2012: Empirical Analysis on a Regional Level. Economics of Transition. Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 3-30.
- Geloso, Vincent and Kufenko, Vadim, 2015. Malthusian Pressures: Empirical Evidence from a Frontier Economy. Journal of Population Research. Volume 32, Issue 3, pp 263-283.
- Niels, Geiger & Kufenko, Vadim, 2018. Business Cycles and Economic Crises. Routledge (in production).
- Kufenko, Vadim, 2015. Economic Growth and Inequality: Empirical Analysis for the Russian Regions. Springer BestMasters Serien, Sektion: Wirtschaftsmathematik. Wiesbaden: Springer Gabler. ISBN 978-3-658-08083-9.